Recently we served this dish with potatoes and also rice with a medley of veges. The preparation time is really only 10 or so minutes but you do need to allow 30 -40 minutes of oven time.
Curried Coconut Tofu
Ingredients – Tofu
- Organic Firm Tofu 4 blocks (blocks are about 300g each)
- Seasoned Olive Oil (120g extra virgin olive oil mixed with 40g nutritional yeast flakes and 60g Braggs liquid)
Ingredients – Sauce
- 500ml Pure Coconut Cream (look for a coconut cream without added water)
- 1/2 Onion diced finely
- 3 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 3 tsp Bouillon powder
- Salt to Taste (optional)
- Slice the tofu thinly and cut into triangles. Brush both sides with the seasoned olive oil and place on a lined baking tray. Bake @ 180 degrees for around 20 minutes then remove from the oven.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together in a bowl.
- Lay the baked tofu triangles in a casserole dish. Pour over the sauce and bake in the oven for another 20 minutes or until the sauce is bubbling.
- Serve hot with rice or on baked potatoes.