Such a great go-to food. Satisfying, economical and so healthful. If you cook your own chickpeas from scratch it becomes super economical, just store the extra cooked chickpeas in the freezer for next time!
Great served on good bread with a hearty soup for a warming meal.
Tbsp = Tablespoon 15ml, tsp = teaspoon 5ml, cup = 250ml
- 500g Cooked Chickpeas (220g raw)
- 50g (3 Tbsp) Lemon Juice
- 50g (4 Tbsp) Tahini
- 50g (4 Tbsp) Olive Oil
- 20g (2 cloves) Garlic
- 10g (2 tsp) Salt
- Fresh Parsley
- Peel garlic, place in processor and chop finely.
- Add lemon juice and tahini and blend again until garlic is really fine.
- Add olive oil, salt and chickpeas, blend very well.
- Stir in sides to make sure fully combined.
- Add a bunch of parsley to processor and process until chopped finely but not blended smooth.