We have had several requests for this recipe after serving these delicious savoury crunchy seeds sprinkled over the carrot & kumera soup. They are super easy to make, baked in 18 mins. Enjoy!
Tbsp = Tablespoon 15ml, tsp = teaspoon 5ml, cup = 250ml
- 2 cups of either slivered almonds (250g) OR sunflower seeds (280g)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (12g)
- 1 Tbsp Bragg liquid (similar to soy sauce) (15g)
- 2 tsp Rapanzel vegetable stock powder (10g)
- Mix everything together with your hands in a large bowl
- Spread out evenly on a full-sized oven tray
- Bake in a pre-heated oven with fan at 130°C (no hotter) for 18 mins until golden (if you’re doing sunflower seeds, check after 16 mins).
- Allow to cool, they will go crunchy when cold.
- Store in an airtight container.
Note: If your seeds aren’t super super crunchy once cold, return them to the oven at 100°C for around 5-7 mins, then let them cool again. When trying to crisp up something that easily burns, like small seeds/nuts, it is always better to let it cool, then return to the oven briefly, as this allows the moisture to evaporate without over-heating/burning the product.