The Parmesan-like sprinkles in the Nutballs photo is a delicious walnut Parmesan replacement made from just 4 ingredients – walnuts, nutritional yeast, salt, olive oil. I can eat it by the handful it is so satisfying and tasty. Great on pasta or salad or anywhere you would use Parmesan.
Tbsp = Tablespoon 15ml, tsp = teaspoon 5ml, cup = 250ml
- 1 cup or 88g walnuts*
- 2 Tbsp or 12g Bragg nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp or 8g olive oil
- pinch of salt
- Place everything in a food processor.
- Pulse until you get a good texture – not too fine, but like medium/coarse breadcrumbs.
- Taste to check salt level.
- Keeps well in fridge in airtight container.
- Serve on pasta, salad, literally anything – or just by itself 🙂
*Note: the better quality your walnuts the yummier this will be. The more freshly walnuts are used after shelling the better. If you are able to purchase walnuts still in the shell I recommend this as they keep very well like this, and it is a simple matter to shell a few as needed. Just use a normal bread & butter knife to separate the shell where it joins and pop the two walnut halves out. So creamy and sweet and delicious straight out of their shells, no bitterness at all.