This delicious meal is an adaptation of a dish done by Thomas Keller. He used homemade gnocci, we are using brown rice pasta spirals. The dish is done in a frypan, limiting serves to one or two at a time – if you try to do more at once, the different elements lose their shape and texture. Once you have the preparation done though, the assembly part is quite fast, so for extra serves, do them one after the other in the frypan.
Fresh herbs really add a nice flavour.
- Olive oil
- 200g cooked pasta, we use Brown Rice Pasta Spirals, cooked as per packet directions and shocked under cold water
- Organic sea salt
- 45g Mushrooms, sliced finely
- 100g Organic Butternut pumpkin, 1cm cubed & roasted (180°C 20 mins)
- Organic vegetable stock
- Juice of one lime
- Garlic butter (we make our own using 17g finely chopped garlic, 2/3 Tbsp Boullion Powder and 1 sprig of finely chopped parsley to 350g(1 Jar) Elaion. Mix in food processor. Great staple to have in the fridge.)
- 2 Tbsp (20g) each of Parsnip, Carrot & Leek chopped very finely in food processor
- Fresh herbs: chervil (aniseed flavour), chives, tarragon, parsley, chopped very finely
- Prepare a cup of vegetable stock. (18g boullion powder to 1 litre hot water)
- Heat olive oil in a hot frypan, nearly to smoking point.
- Add the cold cooked pasta. Mix gently. They should go golden.
- Add mushrooms and salt to taste, and shake pan gently to mix.
- Add pumpkin cubes. Shake pan gently.
- Add enough vegetable stock to make a sauce in the pan, so that the pasta is coated. Add more as necessary, or to taste. Again, shake the pan gently
- To help emulsify and season the sauce, put in 2 tsp (10g) lime juice.This will accentuate the flavour.
- Now add 3 Tbsp garlic butter (a good chunk). Mix this by shaking the pan.
- Taste to check your seasoning, adjust if needed.
- Now add the parsnip, carrot, leek and shake gently again.
- Remove from heat and add 3 tsp each of chopped chives, tarragon, parsley, chervil.
Plate up and enjoy!