A great addition to lunchboxes, these little treats can be made ahead and kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Roll them in extra desiccated coconut, or in crushed nuts…
Carob bliss balls
1 cup dates (137g)
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (80g)
1 1/4 cup almonds (200g)
1/2 cup desiccated coconut (45g)
a pinch of sea salt
4 Tbsp carob powder (37g)
2 Tbsp virgin coconut oil (26g)
Zest of 2 oranges
3 Tbsp orange juice
- Check all dates for stones by bending / squeezing each one individually.
- Place everything except the orange juice into your food processor. Blend until fine.
- Add the juice and blend until if forms a ball which is fudge-like in texture.
- At this stage you can also add a few extra nuts in order to gain a crunch. Pulse briefly.
- Divide into 12 equal portions and roll into balls with your hands.
- Store the balls in an airtight container in the fridge.